Business Manager position available
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Business Manager to join our small, dynamic, successful team based in Upper Poppleton, York.
Purpose of the Job
To manage the day to day operations of the business, internally and externally, from acting as the key ‘people person’ within the team to developing new business relationships and retaining existing ones.
- People person and/or HR knowledge
- Copywriting and proofreading experience
- Social media expertise
- Planning and organisation skills
- Commercial skills / experience running/managing a small business
- Marketing experience
- Sales experience
- Operations experience
- Flexibility and change management
The duties below are exclusive. For this role, you will need to be flexible enough to respond to a variety of team and client requirements, with the support of the Pick and Mix Marketing and the wider NC Group team.
• Act as the main ‘people manager’ within the business. Working with the Account Manager and CEO to recruit new staff as and when the business requires them
• Manage a portfolio of clients to a high standard maintaining relationships
• Achieve revenue targets set by the business by identifying ideal clients and approaching via phone, email and face to face to achieve company targets
• Deliver social media training sessions across all main platforms to an advanced level
• Manage daily operations and planning for the business and team workload
• Conduct team 1:2:1’s and support with any professional development and training requirements for team members
• Keep accurate and up to date records of all team document, reviews, holidays etc.
• Conducting interviews with the Account Manager and CEO to recruit talent to fit the business growth plans
• Proofread and edit content
• Keep accurate and up to date records of timesheets and workload vs client contracts to ensure the business remains efficient and profitable
• Formulate ideas and strategies for clients independently and as part of a team
• Manage projects and briefing team members
• Create and implement social media audits, strategies and campaigns
• Update websites including blog posts
• Research/write interesting and informative content
• Monitor social media channels (this will require evenings/weekend work) and conduct social media conversational work
• Conduct regular research on the competitor marketplace and client’s competitors to develop knowledge and highlight new market entrants.
• Communicate on a regularly basis with clients to ensure the project/campaign is achieved within deadline/timeframe and budget.
• Provide meeting notes and use analytical software to report monthly or at the end of the campaign/project the results/progress
• Maintain and update computer systems/database proactively
• Keep accurate records of finance information for invoicing, distributing invoices including project costs.
• Attend training courses and team meetings as required (both online and in person).
• Follow Pick & Mix Marketing working processes and brand guidelines always.
• Act as an ambassador for Pick and Mix Marketing, ensuring your behaviours reflects well on the company.
• Promote Pick and Mix Marketing and pro-actively seek new opportunities.
• Carry out any other duties as requested by the CEO to meet the changing needs and demands of the business.
Are we right for you?
We believe our continued success is due to our culture and this is the heartbeat of who we are. Our values define us and highlight what’s important so we attract the best suited team members and partners to join us.
- Together we build partnerships to make a difference
- Honest we are and open, whatever the situation, we help each other, we do what we say, when we say we will
- Ambitious we strive to make progress by always being proactive
- Inspiring we share our passion and knowledge to encourage our team members and partners to grow
Qualifications and previous experience preferred, but not essential:
· Marketing qualification (CIM)
· Degree or equivalent
· Social media experience
· Previous experience in a management role
· Previous experience in an operational role
· Health & Safety certificate
· Driving licence
· Copywriting skills
Location: Poppleton, York
Salary: £27,000 – £30,000 – Dependant on experience
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week
Start date: January 2022
To apply please send your CV, cover letter and a 3 minute maximum introductory video showcasing why you feel you would be the right candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org