Our Ten Top Tips for a successful Festive Marketing Campaign!
- PLAN. Make a plan several weeks prior to the offer/event to give you plenty of time to promote the campaign. Allowing plenty of time for planning means you can be sure the offer/event is designed to target your potential customers as effectively as possible.
- CREATE. Build an enticing offer you know your customers will want, at a price they can afford. Maintaining your branding colours, fonts and styles, create a graphic that can be used across all media channels for consistency so people recognise it.
- DEVELOP. Using your offer, develop a marketing campaign in line with your brand. Integrate online and offline channels to push out the promotion. This might include creating a ‘Christmas’ page on your website, targeting potential customers through a Christmas Adwords campaign, directing people to the website from social media, using links and enticing imagery. You may then integrate this with offline tools such as mailing out Christmas leaflets/menus/information, getting PR coverage in Christmas features in print, coverage on the radio or even TV!
- VALUE. Add value to the offer; don’t devalue your product/service by discounting the price. Instead add more value for the customer. For example, offer a complimentary extra to your service/product, mince pies and Christmas crackers are always a nice touch at Christmas.
- BOOST. Boost those posts! Using social media is a great way to reach new potential customers in your area. Use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram advertising tools to make the most of the offer and drvie traffic to your site. You will be able to track the increase in traffic from social media to the chosen web page/event/offer by continually analysing your Google Analytics.
- SPREAD THE WORD. Using data contacts send out the offer via email or post to loyal customers and potential customers to let them know what is happening and why they should attend or buy. Using catchy, quirky subject lines or personalised direct mailers make it far more interesting and you’ll see more benefit!
- COMMUNICATE. Replying to queries online and offline in a timely matter is imperative to gain competitive advantage during your campaign. People act ‘in the moment’ and if they have a question they want the answer as soon as possible or they will lose interest. So, manage your distribution channels to ensure all queries are answered…at Pick & Mix we strive to respond to all social media queries within 12 hours and ensure clients respond to emails and phone calls within 12 hours as well, so all contact channels are covered during busy times.
- COUNTDOWN. As the date of the offer/event nears send out reminders to people that haven’t yet bought from you to remind them the offer is available and send a reminder to those that have bought that it is coming up soon. This can be done through social media channels, emails or direct mail again, to add another personal touch to the campaign and maintaining engagement and commnication to make them feel “involved”.
- MAINTAIN STANDARDS. During the offer/event make sure you uphold the values of your business to give the right impression. Customer service is now key to gain exceptional reviews, feedback and a return visit. As much as possible try to collect feedback of where customers heard about the offer/event to understand which channels worked the best to get them into your business. You can then collate this information afterwards to evaluate which channels were most successful and plan for your next campaign.
- FOLLOW UP. After the event/offer send all your customers a thank-you with information about your next event/offer. Providing your customers with a reason to return is just as important as getting them there in the first place as building relationships and trust will lead to future business and long-term loyalty.
Festive campaigns, like any other campaigns, are about consistency. We saw great success through a campaign last year with Christmas Party bookings for our client and are confident these ten steps will make the process as smooth as possible!
If you need a little help to get your marketing or social media festive ready then please get in touch with the team, we’d love to help! Contact us here!