Create Cracking Christmas Social Media!
The countdown to Christmas is well and truly on and what easier way to showcase your business than with social media.
Give your audiences the best social media posts of the year! It’s time to inject some creativity into your posts and add some festive cheer into your daily updates – Our handy tips will help you do just that!
Social media provides a fantastic platform to promote your business over the Christmas period, and with many customers searching the web for festive offers and deals, your business could reap great rewards if your content is seen.
You don’t have to be an expert on social media to gain interest from your customers online, all you need to do is be willing to tell stories and showcase what you do every day in your business.
If you’re reading this post then you must be want to know how to engage with your customers over Christmas. After all, there’s only so many times you can say ‘Happy Christmas to all our followers’ without feeling a little repetitive!
Here are our top tips to adding some festive cheer to your social campaigns…..
Let’s start with your profile…..
1) Decorate your cover and profile photos – Add a Christmas hat to your logo or a little snow to your cover photo. This is the first step to getting your audience in the seasonal spirit and nothing says “current” like following the seasons when it comes to social media. A simple bauble really can make all the difference!
2) Create a Christmas offer – Create an exclusive Christmas offer to gain customers and keep existing clients returning. Some companies create a ‘12/24 days of Christmas’ competition or campaign which is a great incentive to generate engagement and encourage people to keep coming back to your profile to check the latest update daily!
3) Share the joys of Christmas time – Social media is quite simply a place to be social (the name does give it away a bit doesn’t it?!) and Christmas is a great time to “give back” in the digital world. Don’t fall into the trap of overloading your profile with self-promotion, by connecting with others, sharing their posts, commenting, liking and retweeting, you are in turn more likely to get noticed and reap the benefits of being “social”!
4) Create the best social media images – Whatever you choose to write about and share, the images you use are incredibly important, they will ultimately be the difference between someone engaging with your post or ignoring it so get creative with your festive flourishes and get yourself noticed!
5) Christmas Twitter poll ideas – Struggling to get customers to engage with your posts? Have you tried polls? Now available on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, these are a simple way of asking anonymous questions and gaining engagement.
Here are a couple of ideas for festive polls that you could try….
- Quality Street or Roses?
- Pigs in blankets or stuffing?
- Wrapping paper or brown paper?
- Jingle Bells or Let It Snow?
6) Everyone loves animals…. Use them! – People LOVE animals, dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, you name it, they love it. Why not dress your pets up in Santa suits or Christmas jumpers. These types of posts are guaranteed to generate engagement and it’s pretty cute at the same time!
7) Elf your company – You’ve probably seen people merging their faces onto the bodies of rhythmical dancing little elves, so why not do it with you and your team? Give everyone a laugh across social channels with a little light hearted Christmas spirit. You can create one here – https://www.jibjab.com
8) Spread the musical love! – We’ve created a playlist on Spotify with our favourite Christmas hits. Many users are hashtagging #NowPlaying, and it’s a great way to connect with people.
9) Saying ‘thank you’ – Our clients often send us lovely Christmas gift, so if you’re receiving presents, let people know and thank them publicly, the chances are, they’ll share it and your online presence will grow further.
10 ) Use seasonal Twitter hashtags!
We hope you’ve enjoyed our Christmas social media blog, if you need assistance with your social campaigns, advertising or would like to organise some training please get in touch on 01904 863511.