Accurate as of February 2018
Graphic sizes for social media platforms seem to be ever-changing, the struggle is real! Whether it’s for a news update, brand promotion, video or a quote, visual aids play a major role in the success of conveying your brand through social media.
It’s not always quite as simple as copying and pasting an image from one profile to another due to the specific dimension requirements per platform, so that’s where we come in.
We hope the following will help make it easier for you to make sure your graphic dimensions are correct per platform to make the most of your visual content –
Facebook image sizes (optimal sizes)
- Facebook Profile picture: 180 x 180
- Facebook Profile Cover photo size: 851 x 310
- Facebook Page Cover photo size: 820 x 312
- Facebook Group Cover photo size: 820 x 428
- Facebook Event Cover photo size: 500 x 262
- Facebook Link preview size: min. 600 x 314, recommended 1200 x 630
- Facebook Photo post size: min. 504 x 504, recommended 1200 x 630
Facebook advert sizes
- Boost Post: 479 x 470
- Page Likes: 1200 x 444
- Website Clicks Ad: 1200 x 628
- Link image – single: recommended 1200 x 628
- Image carousel: 1080 x 1080
Twitter image sizes
- Twitter Header size: 1500 x 500
- Twitter Profile size: 400 x 400
- Tweeted image size: min. 440 x 220 recommended 1024 x 512 (max. file size 5MB)
- Share link image size: 520 x 254
Google+ image sizes
- Google+ Cover photo size: 968 x 545
- Google+ Profile photo size: 250 x 250
- Share image size: 502 x 282
- Share link image size: 502 x 250
LinkedIn image sizes
- LinkedIn profile “background”: 1584 x 396
- Linked in profile picture: 400 x 400
- LinkedIn status update OR blog post image size: recommended 700 x 400. Must be more than 200 wide
- LinkedIn Company cover photo size: 1584 x 396
- LinkedIn logo size: 300 x 300 square
- Share image size: 520 x 320
- Share link size: 520 x 272
Pinterest image sizes
- Pinterest Profile Photo size: 165 x 165 or larger
- Maximum pin width when clicked: 735 x adjusted height
- Cover Image: 217 x 147, or proportionally larger
- Complete Board Size: 238 x 284
Instagram image sizes
- Instagram Profile Photo size: 110 x 110 minimum
- Instagram photo size: use 1080 width for best quality
- Instagram link size: 600 x 315, 600 x 600 or 600 x 750
- Instagram carousel size: min. 600 x 600 max.1080 x 1080
- Instagram stories: min. 600 x 1067, recommended 1080 x 1920
YouTube image sizes
- YouTube Channel Art size: 2560 x 1440
- Be sure to check the template as cropping varies widely from TV to mobile to desktop
- Video thumbnail: 1280 x 720
- Channel icon: 800 x 800
Tumblr image sizes
- Tumblr header size: Check your theme.
- Tumblr profile photo size: minimum 128 x 128 jpg, gif, png, or bmp file.
- Tumblr image post: Dash image size maximum 1280 x 1920, shows in feed at 500 x 750.
Images can’t exceed 10 MB.
- Animated GIFS must be under 1 MB and max at 540 pixels.
For more social media graphic size cheat sheets check out our FREE downloads here –
If you need support with creating graphics or setting up your social media pages, get in touch with our team here!