Browns Department Stores
Providing a full marketing service to communicate with existing customers and attract new customers to the four stores!
Browns Department Stores is a big name in the Yorkshire retail world. They are an independent, family-owned business that first opened its doors a hundred years ago. Today, they have stores in York, Helmsley, Beverley and Gainsborough.
Browns sells an impressive range of products, from beauty and fashion to furniture and linens. It works with a huge array of well-known and high-end brands, and has a real focus on providing a personal service to customers.
The company approached Pick & Mix Marketing for support across all areas of marketing, including social media, PR, digital and print advertising,
One of the key reasons the service we provide to Browns Department Stores is valuable is because we offer them total marketing support. This means we’ve been able to develop innovative campaigns encompassing a mixture of traditional and new media marketing methods. This extensive marketing includes:
- Social media
- Print advertising campaigns
- Radio advertising campaigns
- TV – Sky Adsmart campaigns
- Digital advertising campaigns
- Brochures, leaflets and print work
- Brand outreach
- Event planning and promotions
- Email marketing
- SMS marketing
- PR campaigns
- In store point of sale opportunities
- Collaborations with other businesses
- Reward cards and incentives
- Regular market research.
During this ongoing process, we plan and develop content, engage with digital audiences, prepare briefs for suppliers, liaise with global brands on Browns’ behalf, co-ordinate with design agencies, communicate with local publications and identify new opportunities. We’ve been able to support Browns in maintaining market share as well as reaching out and connecting with a new generation of shoppers.
- We increased Browns’ social media following by 70% with reach as high as 328,001 people
- Developed the annual Reward Card Customer Shopping Evening into a full day event resulting in a 30% increase in sales compared to the previous year
- Project managed a new mobile responsive website which now attracts around 20,000 sessions per month
- Created social media campaigns which have seen cosmetics products sell out in a matter of hours
- Gained PR placement for charity work in regional Press
- Gained TV coverage on BBC news and Sky news.
“Pick & Mix Marketing have developed our brand across our four locations, project managed a new website build and worked closely with us to raise awareness of the company as a whole and specific events, promotions and launches we’ve seen increases as high as 47% in sales from specific promotions and events compared to previous years.” Nicholas Brown, Chairman, Browns Department Stores.