Develop awareness of events through social media
Freebird Events is an event company based in York working primarily on triathlons, which it runs across Yorkshire and the North East. The firm’s key aim is to organise sporting events that allow participants to build up their confidence, get fitter and have fun. Freebird’s triathlons attract thousands of people every year, including children and pensioners.
We worked with Freebird initially to set up the business on social media and gain more interest in its events. After a year of the business doing its own marketing it asked us for a marketing strategy to develop the brand and gain a 10% increase in bookings for the year.
We began with a full marketing strategy where we audited key competitors and previous marketing activity, both online and offline. From this we identified areas of development and provided marketing recommendations.
We focused on a customer survey, email, social media, PR and Google Analytics. Through implementing this marketing activity we’ve generated a much wider awareness of Freebird, leading to it being chosen to host a Triathlon England National Championship event in July 2017.
- Tripling of monthly website traffic
- 20% increase in attendance at an annual event
- Chosen to host a Triathlon England National Championship event in 2017 at Ripon
- PR coverage in multiple local and national publications, TV, radio and online
- Increase in social media audience numbers and continuous customer engagement with the pages.